Corned Beef ‘n’ Sauerkraut Bake
I love Reuben sandwiches, so this recipe was a dream come true! We especially like it with my husband's homemade sauerkraut.—Susan Stahl, Duluth, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef, julienned
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup coarsely crushed seasoned rye crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a greased 1-1/2 -qt. baking dish, layer half the sauerkraut, corned beef and cheese. Repeat layers. Drop salad dressing by teaspoonfuls over the cheese. Arrange tomato slices over the top; dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in crumbs; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1142mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Corned Beef 'n' Sauerkraut Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.