Corned Beef ‘n’ Sauerkraut Bake
I love Reuben sandwiches, so this recipe was a dream come true! We especially like it with my husband's homemade sauerkraut.—Susan Stahl, Duluth, Minnesota
- 1-3/4 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef, julienned
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup coarsely crushed seasoned rye crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a greased 1-1/2 -qt. baking dish, layer half the sauerkraut, corned beef and cheese. Repeat layers. Drop salad dressing by teaspoonfuls over the cheese. Arrange tomato slices over the top; dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in crumbs; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
1 cup: 380 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 1142mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 2, 2018good but not great. I love reubens so thought I would really love this, but it was just so so. I don't think I liked the tomatoes on it. Husband liked it well enough. I might try it again.
Dec 31, 1969
Good easy to make
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC