Nacho Cheese Beef Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1/3 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream and/or salsa, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, olives and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with tortilla chips; drizzle with salad dressing. Serve with lettuce, sour cream and/or salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppings): 827 calories, 55g fat (24g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 2131mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 42g protein.
Apr 27, 2016
This was a delicious one-dish dinner. I used Spicy Nacho Doritos instead of plain tortilla chips for extra flavor. I added the ranch dressing and Doritos to the individual plates because I knew that the leftovers would re-heat better without the topping.
Feb 22, 2014
I have made this many times and we all love it!! I don't put in the olives as we don't care for them but otherwise it is a keeper!
Aug 5, 2013
My family loved this one and it was super easy. Might try without the olives next time, but still really good!!!
Sep 4, 2012
This was delicious. The chips are a real plus. I like recipes that have flavor and this one does. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great.
Oct 18, 2011
Yum-o! What an interesting addition with the green olives! I added chopped onions and garlic powder when cooking the meat to give it some additional flavor. Also, I suggest using Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup and Ro-Tel diced tomatoes to add zest, or else it may be too bland for those who like a kick.-Lesleigh Baden
Sep 20, 2011
My family really enjoyed this recipe. It's a keeper!
Sep 19, 2011
My whole family loved this recipe! I used Campbells' Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup, which has a little more flavor. Very satisfying!
Aug 28, 2011
Very good!! I used Original Rotel and it was spicy! Next time I plan to try mild. I might cut back on the olives (and I love them!) and also add a few cubes of Velveeta. The sour cream and tortilla chips on top are a must. Thanks for the great recipe!
Aug 3, 2011
So delicious and a great way to stretch a dollar using only 1# of ground beef. I did substitute a few things, but I am sure the original recipe would be great. Subs were: used 1 can of Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup, Ro-Tel Original diced tomatoes & green chilis (10 oz. can). I sliced the olives and saw no reason to use the Ranch salad dressing. My husband used salsa, but I did not. Baked it in a 2 qt. casserole. I can well imagine the leftovers will be even better. Thanks Kendra. I'd say you are much better than "a pretty good cook". ;)
Jul 31, 2011
I followed the recipe as written. Everyone loved it!