Biscuit Pizza Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Meanwhile, cut biscuits into quarters; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drain beef; sprinkle over biscuits.
- Layer with pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce, green pepper and onion. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 369 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Mar 26, 2016
Really good recipe. Defintely a family favorite. It did seem a little runny to me, but maybe I did something wrong. I will try and make it again.
Feb 25, 2014
This was good but I only used 1 can biscuits and still had doughy middle. I used full jar pizza sauce but think it could've used a little more. Next time I'd spread dough in thinner layer, add more sauce, saute veggies with the meat, and probably cook at higher heat with it covered for awhile (so cheese doesn't brown too much). The smell and taste were really great! I also liked that I could customize the toppings for my family.
May 7, 2012
Excellent!!! Definiately going to make this again except, need to bake the biscuits somewhat first because they where still a little doughy
Feb 27, 2012
I have made this twice, and it was really good, I cooked the pepper and onions with the ground beef, and cooked the biscuits a bit first so that they weren't doughie in the middle.
Dec 6, 2011
That happens to me every time I make something like or something like a Stromboli that's rolled with filling. Now I cover this type of dish loosely with foil for the first half or so of the baking time. I've done the same while baking bread. This gives the center a chance to bake through before browning the top. I would also add the cheese at the end but mostly because I like my cheese on top melty & gooey instead of brown & hard, in my oven- it ends up brown & hard.
Dec 6, 2011
I've made this twice now, but both times the biscuit dough in the center of the casserole has stayed doughie. The ground beef was well drained, so that was not the problem. Will either bake the biscuits for a bit prior to putting the toppings on, or, bake the entire dish (less the cheese) for 15 to 20 min's longer.....adding the cheese in the last 15 min's of baking time.
May 30, 2011
Very strong pizza flavor. I enjoyed this dish more the second day when I stirred everything together. I might use a slightly larger pizza sauce can next time.
Apr 10, 2011
I've made this several times it is so yummy! The only thing I did different was add the onion and green pepper to the ground beef as I browned it. This softens them up a bit! Sometimes I add mushrooms, or sliced black olives
Nov 11, 2010
Absolutely fantastic! This is one of the best recipes i've made yet!! My kids devoured this & so did i. YUMMY!!!
Nov 1, 2010
family loves it more than delivery pizza