Apple Butter Biscuit Breakfast Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 10 leftover biscuits (3-inch diameter)
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Cut biscuits crosswise in half. Spread apple butter over cut sides of biscuits. Replace tops. Cut each biscuit into quarters; arrange in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese, ham and parsley.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over biscuits. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until puffed and edges are golden brown, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 331 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Dec 29, 2019
Delicious! Family loved this on Christmas morning, even the leftovers were eaten. We will be making this again, and not only for special occasions. Thanks foe sharing!
Oct 13, 2019
Feb 3, 2019
Amazing! I didn't have leftover biscuits, so I just baked up a tube of flaky biscuits and used those. We loved the sweetness and spice of the apple butter with the ham and cheddar.