Butternut Squash Apple Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Layer squash and apples in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, covered, until squash and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 120 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Feb 16, 2014
Dec 7, 2013
This was really good. Even my husband liked it. Could eat that for desert too.
Nov 15, 2013
This is a delicious and easy recipe. I reduced the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg. I used Granny Smith apples cut in large chunks and didn't peel them. Just before serving I drizzled 2 Tbsp. maple syrup over the squash and apples. My kids loved the dish and they are taking the leftovers in their school lunches today!
Dec 30, 2012
Everyone raves about this recipe! It's a wonderful addition to any meal.
Nov 2, 2012
So yummy. I didn't find it too sweet. It was tender and not dry. I will make it again.
Oct 19, 2011
This was very yummy. I suppose the flavor somewhat depends on the apple that is used. I used a somewhat tart Honeycrisp. I will make this again.
Nov 22, 2010
This was okay. My husband enjoyed it to my surprise but I was not wowed all too much.
May 16, 2010
I make this every fall with fresh apples and squash from a farm market. It is delicious and often requested by family members.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.