- 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In a large skillet, saute apples in 2 tablespoons butter until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half the sweet potatoes, apples and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers.
- Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly, 15 minutes longer.
1 each: 284 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.