Spiced Butternut Squash Pie
My mom always made this dessert with her homegrown squash. It was my dad's favorite after-dinner treat. I continue to make it to this day. —Johnna Poulson, Celebration, Florida.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pie crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Place eggs, squash, milks, sugar, salt and spices in a food processor; process until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake on a lower oven rack 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without whipped cream): 266 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Butternut Squash Pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.