Spiced Butternut Squash Pie
My mom always made this dessert with her homegrown squash. It was my dad's favorite after-dinner treat. I continue to make it to this day. —Johnna Poulson, Celebration, Florida.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pie crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Place eggs, squash, milks, sugar, salt and spices in a food processor; process until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake on a lower oven rack 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream.