Gingersnap Sweet Potato Praline Pie
This luscious mix of sweet potatoes, spices and nuts is like serving pecan pie and sweet potato pie together. Bake it and watch everyone devour it. —Emily Hobbs, Ozark, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and melted butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Increase oven setting to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potatoes, spices and salt until blended. Beat in egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Arrange pecans over filling; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add maple syrup; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie.