Apple Butterscotch Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine the sugar, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in the apples, pecans and 1/4 cup butterscotch chips.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining butterscotch chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 607 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2011
I love this recipe. I exchanged the oil for unsweetened applesauce, exchanged the eggs for 1/2 c. of better than eggs and omitted the nuts. It turned out great. I agree from another review that it is sweet. So next time I will cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup. This cake is moist and flavorful.
Oct 16, 2010
Didn't like it that much. Way to sweet.
Feb 8, 2010
This cake is wonderful. I would just like a "lighter" version of it. It is so moist and delicious. Everyone who tried it said it is definitely a "keeper".