Apple Butterscotch Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine the sugar, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in the apples, pecans and 1/4 cup butterscotch chips.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining butterscotch chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 607 calories, 33g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 12, 2011
I love this recipe. I exchanged the oil for unsweetened applesauce, exchanged the eggs for 1/2 c. of better than eggs and omitted the nuts. It turned out great. I agree from another review that it is sweet. So next time I will cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup. This cake is moist and flavorful.
Oct 16, 2010
Didn't like it that much. Way to sweet.
Feb 8, 2010
This cake is wonderful. I would just like a "lighter" version of it. It is so moist and delicious. Everyone who tried it said it is definitely a "keeper".