Buttery Apple Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the egg, milk and molasses; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in apple. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for 1 cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 3, 2015
Is it just me or is this recipe supposed to have another cup of flour? I made it according to the recipe with one cup and it was sticky and unworkable until I added another. Otherwise they're pretty good.
Sep 18, 2012
I tripled this recipe as there are five of us and added cinnamon...very good! They didn't make it 24 hours in the house!