- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chips. Bake at 325° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
1 piece: 513 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.