Butterscotch Apple Crisp
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 422 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
This apple crisp was very tasty! I loved the addition of the butterscotch pudding. The apples were perfectly tender and the topping was very flavorful with cinnamon.
Mar 30, 2014
Very easy and very good! Love having the ease of a crockpot dessert and the house smelled yummy! Served with ice cream but I am sure it would be good plain or with whipped topping :-)
Sep 30, 2011
We love this recipe! I work afternoons so I usually make dinner before I leave, this is a great way for my family to have dessert too. I doubled the topping and served with ice cream. Everyone loved it.
Oct 26, 2010
Aside from peeling all the apples, this recipe is quick and easy! I love the crock pot aspect. It filled my home with wonderful smells, too! It got rave reviews at our church dinner. I'll devinitely be making this again. I doubled it very easily for my large crock.
Feb 9, 2009
Jan 30, 2009
I live in Mexico, here is difficult to get cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix, what can I use instead?L camb
Nov 12, 2008
One of my favorite crockpot recipes. Easy too!
Apr 20, 2008
Easy to make. Had it cooking when the guys came in for lunch. The smell made them fininsh the project up with great speed so they could ENJOY. ENJOY, they did ! Thanks for your recipe.
Feb 14, 2008
This sounds yummy. Might have to try this soon.