Spinach Beef Biscuit Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (6 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Press and flatten biscuits onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add spinach and mushrooms; mix well. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder, salt, pepper and beef mixture; mix well. Spoon into prepared crust. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 418 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 686mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Apr 24, 2018
Pretty tasty. I love refrigerator biscuits, so I know I'll like any recipe starring them. I used fresh mushrooms and saut?ed them with the beef and onion.
Oct 19, 2017
Not my favorite.
Aug 18, 2017
This is one of my go-to meals. It is super easy to pull together. Today I decided to use crescent roll dough instead of biscuits. I will have to check back to post how it went. I have no mushrooms, but we will throw a salad next to it. Can't wait. And the leftover's? Gone.
Apr 27, 2013
I have a very picky daughter...as I was making it she kept saying ewwwww...but once she took a bite she couldn't stop..she looooooved it.
Jan 24, 2012
My "I don't like eating greens" crowd LOVED it! It will be a regular on our table.
Nov 10, 2011
I made this with a small change, I used 1/2 beef 1/2 sausage to give it a little extra flavor and it was great!
Nov 2, 2011
I probably should have given this five stars as it has turned out to be one of our favorite new dishes. It never lasts long but if you have a serving left over it reheats well in the microwave. DELICIOUS.
Oct 19, 2011
Really this is a 4 1/2 star recipe. It is so yummy - a great combination of flavors and very easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.