Spinach Rice Bake
This is one of my best, most requested spinach recipes. It's tasty.—Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 273 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Rice Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.