Creamy Spinach & Rigatoni Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni
- 8 ounces sliced pancetta, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings; wipe skillet clean.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese blend until melted.
- Stir in artichokes, spinach and pancetta. Drain rigatoni; add to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 643 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1438mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 8, 2019
This was really good, but the amount of béchamel was way too much. The pasta was almost lost in all of it. If I made this again I would cut it in 1/2 so it would be a little lighter. I also used chicken instead of pancetta. I would increase the artichoke hearts too since they got lost in all the pasta and sauce.
Oct 27, 2019
I used evaporated milk because that is what I had on hand... not a good substitution. Yuck.
Feb 14, 2019
Absolutely excellent! I didn't have pancetta, so I used bacon. I will be making this again and again and again.
Jan 7, 2019
Turned out amazing would definitely recommend this!
Feb 27, 2017
I followed the directions. It was great. We called it Adult Mac n Cheese. Will make again.
Feb 5, 2017
This was great!I did make some changes:I added diced portobello mushrooms, used a 12 oz bag of spinach instead of 10, and subbed turkey pepperoni because pancetta in our area stores is outside of our budget. I also didn't buy enough of the Italian cheese blend, so I used a Mexican blend we had on hand to make up the balance.It still turned out delicious, and it made enough that I divided it into three pans, giving us supper plus two freezer meals.