- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in water, parsley, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; top with spinach.
- Cover; remove from heat. Let stand until rice is tender, 7-10 minutes. Stir to combine.
3/4 cup: 235 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.