Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, spinach, sour cream, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Combine the tomato juice, salsa and crushed tomatoes; spread 1 cup sauce in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti with spinach mixture; arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 345 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2015
Made this using spaghetti sauce instead of the salsa and tomatoes. Can I say yummy? Delicious , easy to fix (no hot pasta) and what a belly filler. Will definitely make again.
Mar 17, 2012
First time made exactly as written, very good. Now I swap out the juice & salsa for 3C of spaghetti sauce, get raves every time. Family & friends request this often.
Jan 18, 2012
One of my family's favorite light recipes. My 5 year old son even loves these!
Jan 15, 2012
I liked how there was no need to cook the noodles ahead, but using salsa for the sauce was kind of strange. Next time I will just use spaghetti sauce instead of the salsa. Also, be careful when you take this out of the oven as the liquid almost overflowed on mine!
Jan 6, 2011
Delicious!! Will be making this again this week!!
Apr 26, 2010
This recipe was a family favorite. I've made manicotti before, but this recipe uses uncooked noodles that obsorb the sauce until tender while baking. Serve with garlic bread and red wine!
Feb 25, 2010
This is so good I had 3 people ask for the recipe!I used Von's Arrabiata Spagetti Sauce 28oz. instead of the salsa & crushed tomatoes.
Sep 2, 2009
Delicious! Very flavorful. My husband and I both loved it! Also like not having to cook the manicotti before filling. Definitely a keeper! Thanks Mary