Sausage Broccoli Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1244mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 2, 2014
I wasn't to fond of the chunks of broccoli, that and it was had to fill the shells due to the size of the broccoli. Everything else was amazing, I think I'm going to try to replace the broccoli with spinach.
Aug 1, 2014
I've made this several times for family and for guests. It's always a winner. Instead of manicotti, I stuff jumbo shells with the filling. I also use broccoli florets (I've used both frozen and fresh) , cutting the buds up small and leaving out the stems.
Feb 27, 2013
I did not add the sausage when I made it. This is a great recipe, my family and I loved it.