Sausage Broccoli Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, broccoli, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and garlic. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Rinse and drain shells; stuff with broccoli mixture. Arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1244mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 2, 2014
I wasn't to fond of the chunks of broccoli, that and it was had to fill the shells due to the size of the broccoli. Everything else was amazing, I think I'm going to try to replace the broccoli with spinach.
Aug 1, 2014
I've made this several times for family and for guests. It's always a winner. Instead of manicotti, I stuff jumbo shells with the filling. I also use broccoli florets (I've used both frozen and fresh) , cutting the buds up small and leaving out the stems.
Feb 27, 2013
I did not add the sausage when I made it. This is a great recipe, my family and I loved it.