Total TimePrep:20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups (1 pound) ground fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cook manicotti according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Add the ham, mushrooms, half of Swiss and Parmesan cheeses; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until combined. Add milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a quarter of the sauce into ham mixture.
- Stuff each shell with about 1/3 cup of filling. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with remaining sauce; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Swiss cheese before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2014
Very good. Every one loved it.
Feb 2, 2013
I made this for a ladies Christmas luncheon. Oh Em Gee!!! Everyone loved it, there were no leftovers. It's just excellent!!!!
Feb 2, 2013
Really tasty. The white sauce is not a cheese sauce as described - but does balance out the salty ham. I used a bit of cream in place of the milk because I had some to use up, and also added a pinch of salt to the white sauce. I'd make this for company!
Jun 3, 2012
This is great for company too!
Apr 27, 2012
Really was so much better than I thought, I tweaked it a bit and cut the green pepper in thin strips instead of dicing so that my husband could pick it out since he's not a fan and I substituted half of the milk for heavy whipping cream because I had some left over on hand. Let me say that it made a really great sauce! I took leftovers to work and everyone was curious and thought I was such a gourmet, I will definately make again!
Nov 9, 2011
Great recipe, bakes beautifully. I get regular requests for this one.
Nov 15, 2009
Wonderful change from the heavy Cheese or Spinach recipes out there. I used more fresh mushrooms than the recipe called for. I also used Fontina Cheese instead of the swiss, it was what I had on hand. Will definitely make this again, and try it with the Swiss cheese.
Mar 11, 2008
add asparagus instead of mushrooms?