Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients; stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. In another bowl, mix marinara sauce and water; spread 3/4 cup sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Fill uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. If desired, top with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed manicotti: 361 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1124mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Dec 13, 2019
I made this for my fiancé and brothers and they loved it! I put quite a bit more cheese than the recipe called for because we all love cheese and it turned out perfect! For cheese loving families I recommend... Using a 6 oz container of ricotta Pouring 1 cup of mozzarella in with the ricotta mix Using 1 cup of mozzarella on top
Oct 22, 2019
I made this recipe with vodka sauce, and it was amazing! My husband and I loved it. I'll be making this one again.
Nov 2, 2018
My family loved it. I added a mixture of ground chuck and Italian sausage since we donand#039;t usually do meatless dinners along with garlic knots. I covered it in foil out of fear of it drying out which I believe caused me to have to cook it an extra 30 minutes or so. Next time Iand#039;ll leave of the foil so it can soak up more sauce. Itand#039;s easy to fix, I have to double recipes for a family of five. This is a keeper! I also made a dessert to have with it. It is an apple pie-cake mix cake. Itand#039;s like a cobbler and very easy and good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. My family thought I spent a lot longer in the kitchen than I did.
Apr 15, 2018
Fabulous! I add Italian sausage and extra spices to the sauce for my husband.
Oct 5, 2016
Everyone asked for seconds on this dinner. I think next time I'll add chopped spinach to the cheese mixture for a bit more depth in the flavor.
Oct 19, 2015
The entire family enjoyed this Cheesy Manicotti. I prepared it exactly as instructed, using a lower fat version of ricotta and pre-chopped onions and the recipe came together quickly. I also used a piping bag to fill the shells which made it super easy. It really is a delicious comfort food that will be appearing in my menu plan again in the near future!