A friend served this for supper when I visited, and she placed individual servings on a bed of lettuce, then sprinkled them with cheese...it was both pretty and delicious.—Judy Wulf, Hancock, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 8 ounces manicotti (14 tubes) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in parsley, mushrooms, egg, milk and bread crumbs; mix well.
- Stuff filling into manicotti shells. Pour two cups of spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Place shells on sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Manicotti in Country Ground Beef
Mar 11, 2013
completely disgusting - Velveeta - are you kidding me!
Sep 24, 2011
When I hear Manicotti, I think Ialialian...this is not even close. Velveeta cheese, CANNED mushrooms, etc. Served on a bed of lettuce?