Manicotti for Two
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Drain manicotti and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Carefully stuff manicotti. Place in a greased small baking dish. Top with sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 690 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1807mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 43g protein.
May 4, 2012
5/4/12 Very tasty italian dish. I didn't have ricotta cheese so I substituted with fat free cottage cheese. Also, I didn't have italian sausage so I used leftover meatballs. Even with those changes it turned out really good. 11/23/2013Update: I made this tonight and instead of placing the sausage on the top, I cut down on some of the cheese and mixed the sausage in with the cheese and spices mixture. I piped the manicotti using my Wilton plastic pipping bag and large end tip. My husband also really liked this variation, this time I did use fat free ricotta. .
Feb 13, 2011
I made this for a party and everyone raved!!!!
Oct 13, 2009
Can't thank you enough so I may enjoy Manicotti again just for me!!!!!!!!! I'll freeze the other two for another time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.