Manicotti for Two
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Drain manicotti and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Carefully stuff manicotti. Place in a greased small baking dish. Top with sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 690 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1807mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 4, 2012
5/4/12 Very tasty italian dish. I didn't have ricotta cheese so I substituted with fat free cottage cheese. Also, I didn't have italian sausage so I used leftover meatballs. Even with those changes it turned out really good. 11/23/2013Update: I made this tonight and instead of placing the sausage on the top, I cut down on some of the cheese and mixed the sausage in with the cheese and spices mixture. I piped the manicotti using my Wilton plastic pipping bag and large end tip. My husband also really liked this variation, this time I did use fat free ricotta. .
Feb 13, 2011
I made this for a party and everyone raved!!!!
Oct 13, 2009
Can't thank you enough so I may enjoy Manicotti again just for me!!!!!!!!! I'll freeze the other two for another time.