Three-Cheese Turkey Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 12 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) three-cheese spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, sugar, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Place 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Drain manicotti. In a large bowl, combine the cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff into manicotti shells. Place shells over meat sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked manicotti casserole for up to 1 month. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed shells: 647 calories, 34g fat (18g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 937mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 40g protein.
May 4, 2018
This was delicious!!! I made everything exactly as it was in the recipe, and will definitely make again....
Nov 14, 2016
This was really good, but a bit dry. I would use less cheese to provide more moisture.
Sep 16, 2016
Very very good! I made two of these last night, one for my family and one for some new parents. Both turned out great! My entire family of five ate it...including our super picky 4yr old. Definitely will make again! Thanks!
Dec 1, 2015
This was really good. I was surprised how much it made. I have a family of 5 and my husband and I both had lunch for the next day. Even my picky eaters liked it. Will do it again next week.
Oct 22, 2015
Love this recipe! Have made it multiple times now! I use my husbands jerky tube to fill the pasta
Feb 9, 2015
Enjoyed by all. If I made it again I would either cut the sugar in half or omit all together.
Jul 27, 2014
Although have not yet had chance to make, giving ***5 star rating***. Just know my husband will love this, as he loves me!!
May 4, 2014
This was great and easy to make. I used my fingers to stuff the manicotti.
Oct 8, 2012
I made this recipe as is except skipped the Italian Seasoning only because we don't care for it. This was so good! We will definitely make this often.
Aug 2, 2012
I also used an ice tea spoon to stuffe the shells but it helps if you roll the stuffing mix. This tasted fantastic. Everyone loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.