Overnight Spinach Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg whites, parsley, salt, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder. Combine spaghetti sauce and water; spread 1 cup in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over tomato sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30- minutes before baking. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 423 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 28, 2012
I make this all the flippin time....it's AWESOME! I double or triple the recipe and pop on a DVD while stuffing all the shells. It's great to fill up the freezer with the extra trays. If you do this, just don't add cheese on top until you defrost it for cooking. Enjoy!
Dec 23, 2011
This recipe is so good. The whole family loved it and we are having it for Christmas Eve dinner.
Jan 13, 2011
I have been making this recipe since 2003 and it is ALWAYS a hit. I love the 'make it the night before' convenience.
Jul 26, 2010
Nice flavor, might add the remaining mozza and parm near end of cooking time next time rather than before cooking.
Oct 26, 2009
Excellent recipe and super easy. Will definitely be making this many times in the future.
Jan 25, 2009
This was GREAT!!!!!I'll be making this again!
Sep 25, 2008
Thanks Tonya -- just copied recipe -- looks yummy. Hope to try it this weekend.