Spinach Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (3-3/4 quarts)
- 3 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 quarts water
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, bouillon and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, spinach, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and salt; return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 271 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2012
One of my favorite soups. Great with taste of home's Herb Bubble Bread recipe. We're vegetarians so we use veggie broth instead and use chicken substitute. Always a winner when we make it for friends! Enjoy! It makes a lot!
Nov 16, 2011
My children and I love this soup! We omit the chicken and add extra potatoes and tortellini. It is our favorite meal.
Sep 27, 2011
I have made this soup a few times and it is excellent! Even my two young boys, who are suspicious of anything green, gobble it up and tell me it is their favorite soup! Made sure to put enough chicken bouillion (or use chicken broth) or the broth will be watery and lack flavor. Great recipe!
Sep 7, 2011
Aug 14, 2011
Loved this, and it made a nice sized portion so that i had leftovers for lunch the next day.
Apr 26, 2011
Excellent recipe for a light and satisfying soup! By the end there is not too much broth, so sometimes I add a little.
Jan 27, 2011
Loved it !! left out the potatoes ( don't need the extra starch) and sweated the veggies first in some olive oil before adding the broth.
Nov 15, 2010
I used 2 13 oz. bags of cheese totellini and minced my own garlic (instead of garlic power). Makes a large quantity.
Nov 11, 2010
This soup is fast and easy and tastes wonderful!! I will definitely make it again. My kids loved it too.
Oct 26, 2010
The spinach was overpowering and scared off the family. I might make it again if I left out the spinach.