Chicken and Kale Tortellini Soup
With tender tortellini, artichokes, greens and lots of herbs, this soup is so flavorful. The fact that it's easy to make is just a chilly-night bonus. —Emily Hobbs, Springfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale (about 2 ounces)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place first five ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 hours.
- Stir in tortellini, beans, artichoke hearts and kale. Cook, covered, on low until tortellini and kale are tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Serve immediately. If desired, top with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 386 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1185mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Florentine Chicken Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018