Chicken & Spinach Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, spinach and pepper; cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1130mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 12, 2019
This soup was excellent for a cold night. Fills you up fast.
Feb 28, 2019
I made this soup for a neighborhood soup swap and it was a huge hit. This is hearty enough for a meal. It's flavorful and filling. Definitely a keeper.
Feb 9, 2019
Used a couple of substitutions, such as fresh poached chicken thighs (using Sara Moulton's method), and frozen Angie's tri-color tortellini. Increased the cooking time by a few minutes to account for the frozen stuff, and forgot the Parmesan. Used sliced baby bellas. No one cared about any of these details, because they all loved it! Very savory and protein rich! I'd argue that this is NOT a meal starter, nor is it light: it's hearty and fills you up exactly as you'd want from a good soup. Had it with fresh-baked corn muffins - and amazingly, there were muffins leftover because everyone had filled up on the soup. This recipe is a keeper...
Mar 30, 2017
This one is for sure being added to the quick weeknight dinner list. I did add a little salt & some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick. So yummy & satisfying.
Jan 22, 2017
Fabulous!! My 4 children rated it 100 :) they loved it! I used what I had on hand. Used more fresh garlic (heaping soup spoon), canned white breast meat chicken, broth from canned chicken, 1 can chicken broth (added water and chicken bouillon to make up the full 4 cans total), 20 ounce pkg herb chicken tortellini, did not chop baby spinach and used fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Also added a bit if Cayenne pepper for kick. It is a hit! (Eating as I type this!) I also did not use low sodium chicken broth so it was nice and tasty.
Aug 2, 2016
Bland, but good and easy. Needs some spice.
Feb 20, 2014
Outstanding! My family loved it and didn't have any leftovers.. Will be making it again..
Jan 14, 2013
This was delicious! I doubled the recipe and barely had any leftovers. Will certainly make again!
Jul 30, 2012
This is very easy to make and my husband and I both really enjoy it.
Mar 20, 2012
Very good soup! will make again, both my husband and son approved and of course I liked it too!