Mushroom Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 6-8 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, just until tortellini float (do not boil), 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach and pepper; cook just until spinach is wilted. If desired, serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese): 261 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 1084mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 22, 2018
My wife loves it and couldn't get enough. She wanted me to make another batch after finishing off the soup.
Oct 8, 2016
Love Taste of Home recipes!!
Nov 1, 2014
Loved it! I used chicken broth instead though
Aug 2, 2014
This was delicious! My husband called it 'restaurant quality'!I used fresh tomatoes, basil, parsley and sage out of the garden! Yum!!