Spinach and Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; bring to a gentle boil. Cook, uncovered, just until tortellini are tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in spinach. Sprinkle servings with cheese and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese): 164 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2018
This was filling and delicious, and so easy to make! I only had two cans of vegetable broth, so I added one can of chicken broth. It worked just fine.
Nov 13, 2018
This sounds like a good soup to make for the winter time. The only change I will have to make is using sausage tortellini instead of the cheese due to food allergies.
Feb 9, 2018
Love this soup, it's so easy. I just toss in whatever tortellini I happen to have and it always turns out great.
Jan 31, 2018
Tasty. I used a quart of homemade tomato juice instead of the canned tomatoes because that's what I had on hand. I added soup base instead of broth, and added a little water to the juice along with minced garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, dash of chili powder and ground pepper. I used dried tortilini but fresh would have been better.When the pasta was almost ready, I added the spinach and parmesan cheese, and some canned chicken breast. I served it with savory onion muffins. Yum.
Dec 30, 2017
Have been making this for a long time. So quick- I always add a little more tortellini and fresh basil if I have it. All my friends have asked for the recipe and they make as well.
Dec 27, 2017
You can't beat this soup for the combination of great taste with fast and easy! I added a can of white kidney beans for some bean protein.
Nov 30, 2016
I add a spicy chicken sausage and use kale from my garden. I like kale because it holds up better for reheating or freezing.
Nov 10, 2016
I've made something like this a couple times. Only I cook a pound of mild or spicy Italian sausage and add it. I also add 4 oz of cream cheese.
Sep 28, 2016
We made this for "meatless Monday," and loved it! It's so easy, but very tasty. I used chicken broth, since that's what I had on hand. I'll definitely make this again -- my daughter has already requested it!