Basil Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook until tender, 7-9 minutes. Stir in beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 238 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1170mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2016
We enjoyed this delicious soup and it was easy to make. I added some chopped chicken to the soup and it made it even better:)
Nov 21, 2014
Good and quick..my favorite kind of dish! To make it even easier, use canned diced tomatoes . Also, if you are not a fan of basil (I'm not) you can substitute cabbage.
Apr 16, 2013
Yummy! Light but filling.
Jan 5, 2013
I love that it tastes great and is so quick to make! I added a few red peppers cut up and a cup more water.
Oct 17, 2012
I did not care for this soup, too bland for me ... not going to keep this one on file.
Feb 3, 2012
Yumm tastes very light. Will make this again!
Oct 28, 2011
Excellent flavor, fast to make, easy. What's not to love?
Oct 26, 2011
I have made this many, many times - it's my absolute favorite! I use a can of petite diced tomatoes instead of fresh, and double up on both the basil and the balsmaic vinegar - yum! I was visiting my family in Georgia and made this for them - instant hit! My sister made it and added italian sausage - she said it was delicious that way too. You just can't beat the fresh basil flavor, and it's so easy!
Oct 15, 2011
Also, I use tri-color frozen tortellini to add color.
Oct 15, 2011
For more tomato flavor, I use 1 can low sodium diced tomatoes instead of the fresh tomato.