Tortellini with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, spinach and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Stir into sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 404 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Sep 5, 2019
This is really good. It’s so easy to customize too. First time We made this, made as written. The second time, We added some Split Shrimp. Oh My Gosh! Yum! Third round, Rotisserie Chicken went in. WoW! The possibilities are truly endless with this one!
Nov 4, 2018
The flavors we're wonderful together, super easy to make. Will make again.