Easy Tortellini Spinach Soup
This is the easiest soup you will ever make—believe me! I always keep the ingredients on hand, so if I'm feeling under the weather or just plain busy I can throw together this comforting soup in a flash. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 16 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place first five ingredients in a 6-qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, until meatballs are heated through and tortellini are tender, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve immediately. If desired, top with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 177 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Easy Tortellini and Meatball Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.