Easy Tortellini Spinach Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 16 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 4 cups)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a 6-qt. stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Return to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, until meatballs are heated through and tortellini are tender, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve immediately. If desired, top with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 177 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 949mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 8, 2019
First time to make soup was tonight. We Loved it, with a few adds I will be making it again. It was ok cooking with the original seasonings but I wanted a bit more flavor. Added garlic powder, garlic
Mar 10, 2019
My grandson loved this soup and asked me for the recipe. Increased seasonings a bit and added extra meatballs. A keeper and will make again.
Mar 6, 2019
Bland, but taught me a lesson, NEVER EVER consume any fully-cooked frozen Italian meatballs again. They taste yucky.
Feb 18, 2019
Kind of bland as is. I doctored it up with some more Italian herbs. Still, it was quick, easy, and filling.
Jan 23, 2019
Fast, easy delicious. Second day even better. Watch the sodium count and purchase low salt ingredients. All the better. Yumm
Jan 18, 2019
I added 1/2 onion chopped fine and a clove of garlic minced. Easy to make, I used fresh tortellini instead of frozed. Good flavor, will keep this recipe.
Jul 20, 2018
This recipe looks delicious!
Dec 3, 2017
This soup was so yummy and easy! I will make it again for sure