Spinach Tortellini Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and oil. Cook and stir over low heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in the sesame seeds, onion, salt and paprika; set aside.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl,
- combine the tortellini, spinach, cucumbers, oranges, almonds and bacon. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 359 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 20, 2011
Super refreshing in the hot summer. Even picky eaters loved this one.
Mar 31, 2010
Made last night and was a BIG hit. I substituted the almonds with pine nuts.
Jun 29, 2009
Mandrine oranges break very easily. Need to be addedat the end. Good with strawberries and pineapple too.
Apr 8, 2009
I thought this salad was very tasty but I think I'll try chilling the dressing a bit the next time I make it.
Apr 8, 2009
I added some Italian Seasoning and it got a little zing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.