Contest-Winning Picnic Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated tricolor tortellini
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- Cook spiral pasta and tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the artichokes, broccoli, provolone cheese, salami, peppers, beans, olives, onion and garlic.
- Prepare salad dressing according to package directions; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 411 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1156mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
May 10, 2019
I am going to assume you didnt mean to put th 2 pakages of Italian seasoning, dressing mix on here, 4 X's. so should I only be using 2?
Jun 27, 2018
Butterfly I see why so many people questioned your reply.....you gave it 5 stars and then changed most everything !! Geezs.
Dec 5, 2017
Made this for our company open house. I omitted the olives (personal preference) and added salt/pepper. Everyone loved it.
Nov 10, 2017
Took second place with this dish at our community picnic
Apr 15, 2017
Great recipe! Perfect when you're tired of making the same old potato or macaroni salads. Lots of great flavours that mingle well. Even more delicious as leftovers the next day
Jul 30, 2016
This is my idea of a pasta salad! Great ingredient to pasta ratio.
May 17, 2016
LOVED this salad and it made a huge amount. Which everyone loved so they could have some the next day. Big hit at my father's 90th birthday celebration!
Oct 13, 2015
Delicious! Holds up really well for a picnic and everyone loved it!
Jul 4, 2014
I took a bowl of this to a family potluck get-together today. I made just a few changes: forgot to buy broccoli, so omitted it, added some siced green stuffed olives, used a 7-oz. box of dried tortellini, subbed green onions for the red onion, and left the garlic out. It was still very good! There is a little left over (there was a LOT of food), but it won't last long around here as my daughter and I just love this.
Jun 2, 2014
I have made this recipe for years, as it appeared in a Taste of Home issue previously. We love it. And it makes a large salad for a big group. In fact, I'm getting hungry for it just reading about it!