Spinach Salad with Tortellini & Roasted Onions
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (about 10 ounces)
- 1 can (12 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss onion with oil; spread into a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast until softened and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse gently with cold water; drain well.
- Place 1/2 cup salad dressing, vinegar and roasted onion in a blender. Cover; process until blended, thinning with additional dressing if desired.
- To serve, place spinach, chicken, artichoke hearts, olives, peppers and tortellini in a large bowl; toss with onion mixture. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 448 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 887mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 30, 2017
I made this without chicken because I didn't realize I was out, but it was still really filling.
Jul 1, 2017
We had this last night for dinner. We all liked it. Perhaps next time we will add craisins and toasted nuts of some kind for crunch. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.