Tortellini Caesar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup seasoned salad croutons
- Halved cherry tomatoes, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and garlic.
- Drain tortellini and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add romaine and remaining Parmesan. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with croutons and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without tomatoes): 237 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 17, 2019
I have made this many times; it always gets rave reviews!
Nov 21, 2018
I liked this variation on Caesar salad. Dressing was a bit thinner than the usual Caesar dressing but I made ahead to let the flavors meld.
Mar 24, 2018
Delicious! Instead of making the dressing, I used Cindy's Barcelona Dressing. Thank you, Tammy, for sharing this recipe.
Dec 11, 2017
Just made this last night and loved how easy the dressing was! One other reviewer did mention they thought it tasted too much like mayonnaise, however I found if you let the dressing sit the flavors meld together more. I will admit I added more garlic because our family loves garlic. :)
Jun 14, 2017
Very good but I could only find 9 oz. pks of cheese tortellini' so I bought 2 because ingredients say one 19 oz. pkg. it was way to many so am wondering if it's a misprint and it's suppose to be 1- 9oz pkg instead of 19 ounces. Next time I will definitely be only using 9 ozs.
May 12, 2016
This is a great recipe! Makes a complete meal, especially if you add chicken or Shrimp. I make this for picnics for my husband and I. This salad with some bread and a bottle of wine.....perfect!
Apr 12, 2016
Great "meatless" dinner option. I added sliced black olives and peppercinis and served with garlic breadsticks.
Apr 5, 2016
Mar 8, 2016
Have made this salad MANY times! I have finessed the dressing a bit by adding anchovy paste...I also grate the garlic, so there are no "pieces". I always make it a complete meal , usually adding shrimp, turkey or chichen, and of course, some homemade croutons and tomatoes.
Aug 19, 2015
Yum! Made this for dinner tonight, and it was easy and delicious! Great to take to a picnic!