- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 7 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- In a large bowl, combine flour and oats; cut in the butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to plate; trim and flute edges.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup and seasonings. Fold in the spinach; cool slightly. Stir in the eggs and 1 cup cheese until combined; spoon into crust.
- Bake until the center is set, 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle tomato and remaining cheese around edge of pie. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 430 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.