Ground Beef Spinach Alfredo Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 8 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper. Spread 1 cup meat mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange four noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit if necessary; layer with half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture.
- Top with four noodles, spinach, Alfredo sauce and 2 cups mozzarella cheese. Continue layering with four noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture. Add any remaining noodles; top with remaining meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 757 calories, 40g fat (23g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 55g protein.
Sep 12, 2015
I am so surprised by the rave reviews on this one. I made it & thought it was OK. Everyone in my family ate it OK, but none of us thought it was exceptional. I will say I make a regular lasagna that my family, friends & extended family seem to rave about & always request, so it is possible we were jaded by that. It was a lot of ingredients (even cost-wise), easy enough to put together, but didn't even make a huge amount. My alfredo sauce didn't thicken up till it started to cool on my plate & it just made it a sloppy mess. I also think it is VERY difficult to get a good tasting, jarred alfredo sauce. They all have a very fake taste to them. This one was not a keeper for our family.
Aug 24, 2015
I made this for the first time some months back for a company potluck. Instant success. Makes a huge quantity, and yet there wasn't even a taste leftover! We're having another potluck this week, and I was given a choice of one item to bring: this lasagna! So delicious and such a hit - you can't go wrong bringing this to any gathering :-)
Mar 7, 2015
This lasagna is absolutely yummy. While remodeling and without a stove, I came across this recipe. I don't care if I never use my stove again. Definitely a keeper, and has been passed on to friend.
Dec 7, 2014
Was really good. But 4 cups of cheese is plenty. Didn't have very many leftovers!
Jul 13, 2014
Yummy! :-) made it in a pan. Delish. Its a treat...not an everyday meal.
May 18, 2014
I used a 6 qt round crock pot, it worked out well. Cooked for 5 hours, might only do 4 1/2 hours next time. Will add more garlic next time and going to mix in some of the italian cheese. My husband had seconds, that says a lot! Delish
May 18, 2014
To freemason and anyone else flipping out at the nutritional values-find another recipe or make substitutions.I weigh 109 lbs soaking wet, great BP, cholesterol, etc. At 75 plus years I eat meals like this in moderation and enjoy every darn bite without quilt. This is a great, easy recipe. However, I cut the amounts the second time I made it because it overflows my 5 qt. crock pot. Incidently, it freezes well!
May 17, 2014
How do you get the lasagna out of slow cooker with the layers intact?
May 12, 2014
This is delicious as the recipe is. My family love this and the left overs are wonderful too.
Mar 16, 2014
This was a quick and easy recipe. I used Italian Turkey Sausage, removed the skin and crumbled it up. I also added more garlic cloves, maybe 8-9 (we love garlic :-) and used fresh spinach instead of frozen. Besides that, I followed the recipe and steps just the way it was written. My husband loved it too! Which says a lot because he doesn't care for red sauce dishes. He gave me two high fives and said this one is a keeper!! I think I need to get a bigger crock pot because my noodles burned on the bottom. I did stuff the crock pot to capacity but it was still delicious!! I will be making this one again. Plenty of lasagna to go around for my family of 5 :-).