Spinach and Sausage Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt. Combine ricotta, spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in a greased oval 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with three noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit), 1-1/4 cups sauce mixture and half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Layer with remaining noodles and sauce mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 456 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1101mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Mar 10, 2015
Perfect! Probably the only way I will ever make it again!
Sep 8, 2013
This was amazing. I used broccoli in place of the spinach bc my family doesn't like spinach. It worked great!
Jan 20, 2013
I was afraid that it would be too watery but it was perfect! Best and easiest lasagna recipe I've ever made. I've also made this with regular lasagna noodles and it was just fine.