Tofu Spinach Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-3/4 cups marinara or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Set aside.
- Drain tofu, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Place tofu and reserved liquid in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add ricotta cheese; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mushroom mixture. Combine spinach and remaining salt; set aside.
- Drain noodles. Spread half of the marinara sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, half of the tofu mixture and half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers of noodles, tofu and spinach. Top with remaining noodles and marinara sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 227 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 12, 2017
It was fine, not much to it.
Sep 15, 2015
Really good. Me and my husband enjoyed it a lot. Spiced it up a little.
Sep 17, 2012
My son calls this one "Plate Lickin' Good!" P.S. He doesn't like Tofu at all.
Nov 21, 2011
This was a good meatless lasagna. I liked that there was tofu in it and my children couldn't tell. I did add more garlic and crushed red peppers in it to spice it up a little.
Apr 6, 2011
Delicious, however, I WOULD us Portabella mushrooms and be sure the marinera sauce is spicy for the zip.
Jan 28, 2010
We love to find meatless recipes that are easy and delicous because it saves on our budget. This was great!
Jan 29, 2009
Turned out pretty good. I'd spice up the tofu/cheese mixture a bit more. I also used whole wheat lasagna noodles. Others liked it also.
Dec 17, 2008
This wasn't a horrible recipe, but I wasn't too thrilled.