Four-Cheese Spinach Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach. Set 1 cup aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss cheese. Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the cheese mixture, vegetables and 3/4 cup spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, reserved spinach mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 263 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Dec 28, 2017
Awesome recipe! My family loved it. I loved the mixture of vegetables with the pasta
Feb 28, 2013
Fabulous. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I also added diced red onion.
Oct 29, 2009
Great recipe, even my picky eaters liked it.
Jun 18, 2008
I love to serve this dish with our own fresh from the garden spinach, broccoli, peppers, and oninos. With my family of eleven this is a big hit!!
Apr 17, 2008
This is an excellent recipe. All my guests enjoyed it tremendously!!! I will make it frequently, especially to serve to guests.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.