Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 373 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
I added lobster meat as well. The fam LOVED it!
May 14, 2018
Fabulous! I added mozzarella cheese on top and within layers. Also some ricotta cheese in the middle
Apr 9, 2018
Made this twice. Absolutely delicious!!!!!!! Made it today for my sister's birthday. She's never had it. Can't wait for her to taste it.
Feb 27, 2018
I will agree with other comentors. It is a very tasty dish but a little bit of Old Bay added a great deal to the flavor. A little dash of lime enhanced it as welland next time I will add some garlic. It just seemed to be missing something in its purist form. Be prepared because this recipe makes a lot of lasagna and it is very fattening and high in cholesterol. I cut it in half and still had a lot of leftovers. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to prepare this in 35 minutes. Plan on at least an hour. Lastly, get your credit card or checkbook out because it is not an inexpensive meal to make. Once a year on special occasions or if we are having company and want to impress. I still liked it though!
Feb 2, 2018
Well Based on some of the reviews - yes I made some changes. B/c of the changes I was able to make TWO lasagnas and I used the NO BOIL Lasagna! WIn-Win!!!I added a ricotta mix to make this dish like a lasagna. To my ricotta I like to add chili powder, egg, garlic powder, salt, fresh cilantro, and black pepper. I think the chili powder help to bring out the flavor to the whole dish b/c it is a creamy dish.I did add fresh chopped garlic when I cooked the green onions - BUT I also added and cooked 1 diced white onion tooI doubled the creamy mix b/c I used the no boil lasagna noodles and I felt the ratio of the seafood: shrimp (cut into 3 pieces if using large shrimp (1lb), scallops (1lb), and claw crab meat (1lb) would have needed the extra sauceI did not expect to make 2, but I did. One dish had 4 noodle layers and my other dish just had 3 noodle layers.I did noodle, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheese layer, followed by seafood sauce. Then repeat the layers. Be sure to reserve just a cup of sauce (without the seafood) for the top last layer of the lasagna. I did top that with Mozzarella too. I didn't reserve sauce for my 2nd dish top noodle, so it was covered with the seafood. I didn't want it to burn, so that one had extra mozzarella cheese on it.Yes this is a heart attack waiting to happen, but if you are going for it, then go for it. I wouldn't make this everyday, maybe special occasions. Everyone LOVED it. I made it for a potluck. It is a little time consuming, but oh so good!!! The other dish I gave pieces away. I only wanted 2 pieces b/c I am health conscious. But no doubt with my changes it was good.I don't measure, but I used this recipe as a guideline.
Dec 27, 2017
I rated this a 4 because it tasted ok. However, it is missing garlic. I don't feel this is a lasagna, but a seafood Alfredo using lasagna noodles. It is seafood with an Alfredo sauce (except for the missing garlic) and lasagna noodles.
Dec 25, 2017
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I MADE IT INSTEAD OF MY USUAL RECIPE AND IT WAS AWESOME. WOULD MAKE A GREAT SOUP ALSO. BEST ONLINE RECIPE I HAVE EVER MADE!
Dec 10, 2017
A great lasagna recipe. I like to add thinly-sliced mushrooms as the crab, scallop, shrimp and cream sauce mixture can become a little rich without the mushrooms to balance it out. I also believe in splurging a little more on real lump crab meat as opposed to imitation crab meat as this dish is one that deserves the best.
Oct 29, 2017
I make this a couple of times a year, usually for a special occasion. Always a hit!
Oct 17, 2017
The family loved this. Of course with everything, you put your own spin on it according to your household pallet. I only added and didn't remove anything the recipe called for. I doubled the recipe (large house of 9). I added 1 onion, old bay seasoning, red pepper flakes, frozen and squeeze drained spinach, also topped it with cheddar cheese. It was absolutely amazing! Only downfall it was pretty pricey but worth it.