Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil. Add scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently. Drain, reserving cooking liquid; set seafood mixture aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid; gradually add to the saucepan. Add salt and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir 3/4 cup white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles; spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1-1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 373 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 25, 2019
This is a wonderful recipe to use. I modified it but adding some Adobo, Recaito and Sazon when preparing the onions and seafood. If you've never tried adding Spanish seasonings to recipes, give it a whirl. They give any recipe a new spin on taste!
Oct 20, 2019
Completely underwhelmed with the recipe as written. Not enough flavor. Only thing I did differently was add garlic while sauteing the onions. I wont be making this again.
Jul 4, 2019
Excellent! Well worth the cost of the seafood!
Feb 26, 2019
This is absolutely the best lasagna I have ever made or eaten!! Made by the recipe and the only change was the addition of some lobster and used real crab instead of imitation. Only down side is the cost of good seafood for the preparation. Maybe we’ll splurge again for Christmas.
Oct 29, 2018
I added lobster meat as well. The fam LOVED it!
May 14, 2018
Fabulous! I added mozzarella cheese on top and within layers. Also some ricotta cheese in the middle
Apr 9, 2018
Made this twice. Absolutely delicious!!!!!!! Made it today for my sister's birthday. She's never had it. Can't wait for her to taste it.
Feb 27, 2018
I will agree with other comentors. It is a very tasty dish but a little bit of Old Bay added a great deal to the flavor. A little dash of lime enhanced it as welland next time I will add some garlic. It just seemed to be missing something in its purist form. Be prepared because this recipe makes a lot of lasagna and it is very fattening and high in cholesterol. I cut it in half and still had a lot of leftovers. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to prepare this in 35 minutes. Plan on at least an hour. Lastly, get your credit card or checkbook out because it is not an inexpensive meal to make. Once a year on special occasions or if we are having company and want to impress. I still liked it though!
Feb 2, 2018
Well Based on some of the reviews - yes I made some changes. B/c of the changes I was able to make TWO lasagnas and I used the NO BOIL Lasagna! WIn-Win!!!I added a ricotta mix to make this dish like a lasagna. To my ricotta I like to add chili powder, egg, garlic powder, salt, fresh cilantro, and black pepper. I think the chili powder help to bring out the flavor to the whole dish b/c it is a creamy dish.I did add fresh chopped garlic when I cooked the green onions - BUT I also added and cooked 1 diced white onion tooI doubled the creamy mix b/c I used the no boil lasagna noodles and I felt the ratio of the seafood: shrimp (cut into 3 pieces if using large shrimp (1lb), scallops (1lb), and claw crab meat (1lb) would have needed the extra sauceI did not expect to make 2, but I did. One dish had 4 noodle layers and my other dish just had 3 noodle layers.I did noodle, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheese layer, followed by seafood sauce. Then repeat the layers. Be sure to reserve just a cup of sauce (without the seafood) for the top last layer of the lasagna. I did top that with Mozzarella too. I didn't reserve sauce for my 2nd dish top noodle, so it was covered with the seafood. I didn't want it to burn, so that one had extra mozzarella cheese on it.Yes this is a heart attack waiting to happen, but if you are going for it, then go for it. I wouldn't make this everyday, maybe special occasions. Everyone LOVED it. I made it for a potluck. It is a little time consuming, but oh so good!!! The other dish I gave pieces away. I only wanted 2 pieces b/c I am health conscious. But no doubt with my changes it was good.I don't measure, but I used this recipe as a guideline.
Dec 27, 2017
I rated this a 4 because it tasted ok. However, it is missing garlic. I don't feel this is a lasagna, but a seafood Alfredo using lasagna noodles. It is seafood with an Alfredo sauce (except for the missing garlic) and lasagna noodles.