Seafood Lasagna Alfredo
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine crab and shrimp; set aside. In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, eggs and Italian seasoning until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add evaporated milk and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until cheese is melted.
- Spread 1 cup mushroom sauce in a greased shallow 4-qt. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and spinach. Top with a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the mozzarella cheese and a third of the mushroom sauce.
- Top with three noodles and crab mixture. Repeat with ricotta mixture, mozzarella cheese and mushroom sauce. Layer with remaining noodles and the broccoli. Repeat with remaining ricotta mixture, mozzarella and mushroom sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 438 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 511mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 21, 2013
Very good. Made it with cottage cheese since it was all I had on hand. Can't wait to try with ricotta. Delicious.
Apr 13, 2011
I've made this several times and we've always enjoyed it. My daughter is getting serious with a boy who has shell fish allergies. Could a pound of chicken be substituted for the seafood?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.