Artichoke Spinach Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan or roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese or feta cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried oregano, parsley flakes and basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, artichokes, spinach and seasonings; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Alfredo sauce; remove from heat.
- Spread 1 cup sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with feta cheese, garlic powder and herbs.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 269 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
This was absolutely delicious. Really good the next day! I will make this again and again. I did add a few capers! So So good! Everyone raved about it!
May 22, 2014
Love cooking and love to switch things up a bit so I made this for dinner the other night and everyone really liked it. Didn't have jar Alfredo sauce so I had to make my own and I used cooked noodles. It was still good.
May 7, 2014
Has any one used boiled noodles
Jan 11, 2014
My sister made this over the holiday and it was fantastic. Will definitely keep this recipe as a "fav."
Dec 22, 2013
I made this for a holiday party for my family yesterday. It turned out really good. I even preassembled everything the day before and baked it the day of the party, which really cut the prep time for the party the next day.
Aug 28, 2013
My family really liked this recipe. I'd use less broth next time, the sauce got a little runnier than I'd like. Great recipe, the flavors were great. I did use whole wheat lasagna noodles, for a healthier version.
May 6, 2013
I am giving it a 5 star rating because of changes suited to my taste. I made my own vegetable broth with garden fresh tomatoes, added the artichoke liquid which gives it a great flavor, used fresh spinach, and instead of alfredo sauce, I made my own tomato sauce. I also had wheat lasagna noodles on hand so I substituted that for the regular. It was delicious.
Apr 30, 2013
This was so incredibly good. I just made it and had a serving... I think I'm going for seconds!!!I fail to see how it serves 12 though...
Mar 29, 2013
Delish! i used homemade alfredo sauce & brown rice noodles to make this dish g-free.
Mar 5, 2013
I was kind of nervous about this, but seeing all the positive reviews I thought I'd give it a shot. It was so AMAZING! I can't wait to make it again! I forgot to get mushrooms so I made it without them, and it was still great. I just can't get over how awesome this recipe is. Thank you so much!