- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella-flavored soy cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-flavored soy cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tofu, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Place three noodles in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the tofu mixture, 1-1/2 cups spinach mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella-flavored soy cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar-flavored soy cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 216 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.