Italian Spinach and Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, spaghetti sauce, chicken, spinach, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 389 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 821mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 20, 2016
This is very easy to put together especially if you have pre-cooked chicken to use. Whole family likes it and love that it has vegetables included. I am working on losing weight and this recipe fits within my plan. It was a favorite of mine before, and even more now that I see the nutritional benefits as well.
Apr 6, 2014
Very easy and very good. Lots of flavor.
Sep 26, 2013
Aug 30, 2013
This is really yummy. I used canned chic and it was still really good.
Nov 4, 2011
Verry good!! I didn't have cream of mushroom so I used cream of chicken. My boys who really don't care for vegetables had seconds on this dish!! I served it with homemade garlic bread on sourdough English muffins topped with butter, garlic salt, and shredded cheese. I try to count my calories during the day and 1 1/2 cup serving is very generous serving and fulfilling :) definitely will make again
Oct 27, 2011
This sounded great, but it was just okay. It didn't have as much flavor as I was expecting.
Sep 28, 2010
Easy and delicious pasta recipe.
May 4, 2010
This is the ultimate comfort dish! The wheat noodles lend a hearty flavor, and the other seasonings are wonderfully savory. When I was preparing food for after my baby's delivery, I made up the sauce portion of this dish and froze it in a Rubbermaid container for later. When I thawed it two weeks later and added the freshly cooked noodles, it was just as good. The only change I have made to this recipe is to add about half the amount of spinach called for. Ten ounces of the stuff tends to overwhelm the dish.
Apr 16, 2010
My family loved it! Will definately make again!
Jul 14, 2008
I didn't have cream of chicken soup on hand so I substituted cream of mushroom. Also, I used fire roasted diced tomatoes. Regardless of these changes my husband, 3-year-old and 1-year-old boys absolutely LOVED it. This recipe is a definite keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.