Chicken & Goat Cheese Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Additional goat cheese, optional
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, milk and 2 tablespoons cheese; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice. If desired, top with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups chicken mixture: 251 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 1, 2018
Delicious! We used feta, as that's what we had, other than that we followed the recipe. We had no leftovers.
May 14, 2017
Yum! I made this in a very large batch (quadrupled) to feed my parents and in-laws for a family event and everyone loved the chicken and vegetables. I served this over corkscrew pasta. Our grocery store was out of the herbed goat cheese so I used an herbed feta and that was a great substitute.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.