Chicken & Goat Cheese Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- Additional goat cheese, optional
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add asparagus to skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, milk and 2 tablespoons cheese; cook, covered, over medium heat until cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes. Stir in chicken. Serve with rice. If desired, top with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups chicken mixture: 251 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 3, 2018
This was very tasty, although it is quite mild in its flavor. I added 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, which gave it a little flavor boost. Will definitely make this again.
Mar 1, 2018
Delicious! We used feta, as that's what we had, other than that we followed the recipe. We had no leftovers.
May 14, 2017
Yum! I made this in a very large batch (quadrupled) to feed my parents and in-laws for a family event and everyone loved the chicken and vegetables. I served this over corkscrew pasta. Our grocery store was out of the herbed goat cheese so I used an herbed feta and that was a great substitute.