Curried Chicken Skillet
This protein-packed skillet dish is loaded with bright flavor. A little curry and fresh ginger make the veggies, chicken and quinoa pop. —Ruth Hartunian-Alumbaugh, Willimantic, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups plus 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/3 cups broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute sweet potato, onion and celery until potato is tender, 10-12 minutes. Add peas, garlic, ginger and seasonings; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and remaining broth; heat through. Stir in quinoa.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 367 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Skinny Chick AKA Golden Chicken with Rice Recipe in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.