- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in 2 tablespoons oil; drain.
- Add the onions and remaining oil; saute until onions are golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with curry. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; pour over beef and onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add tomato juice and paste; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles or rice.